SWA Dissolved Air Flotation Unit
Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) is the process used for the treatment of effluents to reduce BOD/COD, suspended solids and grease concentrations to a level acceptable for sewer discharge. It is a process whereby air is used to decrease the density of entrained solids and immiscible liquids thus accelerating the process of gravity separation of the contaminants from the water phase.
The effluent from the wastewater treatment plant normally requires chemical preconditioning to ensure the contaminants are in the most suitable form for separation to occur. The nature of the chemical pre-treatment will vary with the effluent type and is required to flocculate and coagulate the suspended solids, grease present, and protein in the effluent.
SWA has been manufacturing Dissolved Air Flotation Units for projects ranging from small food processing plants to large abattoirs, textile, dairy product plants…SWA’s unique dissolved wastewater generic Seroquel treatment system never fails and provides reliable performance and peace of mind.
Wastewater Treatment – SWA DAF units at a glance:
- A compact process requiring less space
- Yields higher concentrations of sludge
- Factory made units from 1m3/h up to 500 m3/h
- Larger units constructed on site
- Capable of removing insoluble particles and oil/grease from a carrier water phase.
- More than 20 units made in the last two years.
- Sludge thickening Dissolved Air Flotation units available.
- Co-current and counter-current DAF units available.
- Separates neutral density particles.
- Design flexibility.
- Customized chemical pre-treatment
- Recycle system creates microfine flotation air bubbles
- Using SWA’s unique pressue air saturation pipe
- The wide range of applications
- Full treatment system integration
- Pilot Plants available
Please contact us for more information.