Wastewater at oil refinery companies must be effectively treated before water can be released back into the environment or reused. Regulations in each council, state, and country are extremely strict. Oil refinery wastewater can be complex to treat as the pollutants can be toxic and also volatile.
Crude oil is made up of a number of components. These include:
- Lube oil
- Fuel oil
- Paraffin wax
Oil Refinery Wastewater Treatment
There are many steps involved in effluent treatment inoil refinery wastewater. These can include:
- Use of a Dissolved Air Flotation Device as an oil water separator
- Use of a CPI separator Device as an oil water separator
- Neutralisation to adjust the pH value
- A Coagulation process which solidifies liquids for easy removal from the wastewater.
- Flocculation – this process enables particles to contact and adhere together to form larger clusters and allow for easy removal.
- Sedimentation filtration to remove particles
- Clarification and biodegradation which involves cleansing the wastewater and removing solids
Quality Dissolved Air Flotation devices or CPI separator devices will enable your business to process the wastewater quickly and efficiently.
A polishing step using a chemical treatment orfiltration, ozonation, or activated carbon, may be required as a further step to treatment of oil refinery or petrochemical wastewater.
Oil Reuseand Disposal
All different kinds of oil are biodegradable and can be safely disposed of at an approved waste management facility.
In some cases the oil may be reused. Speak to us about oil refinery treatments that will allow you to save and reuse the oilsediment of wastewater.
Once an oil refinery or petrochemical wastewater treatment has been correctly applied the water can be recycled safely back into the environment, usually by means of underground water facilities.
A clear written process and staff training will assist your company to comply with current legislation requirements and to safely and efficiently treat oil refinery wastewater. With up to date regularly serviced equipment the process will run smoothly, saving your company time and maximising efficiency.